What is Intermittent Fasting? You may have heard of Intermittent Fasting for weight loss. We’re going over exactly what it is and the potential benefits and how it can be done properly?
What is Intermittent fasting Meaning?
– Basically Intermittent fasting is where you are not eating for a certain period of time and then you eat your entire calorie allocation for the day within another period, this can be done in many different ways.
– We will focus on how this Intermittent Fasting has basically been around for centuries and it is an important part of many different religions.
How Intermittent Fasting works in our body?
• Intermittent fasting for weight loss, lowering blood pressure, and preventing cholesterol, diabetes, May help prevent or control and improve brain health.
• During a meal, the carbohydrates in the food are broken down into glucose.
• Glucose is absorbed into the bloodstream through the intestinal wall and it is transported to various organs, where it serves as the major energy source.
• Excess glucose is subsequently stored in the liver and adipose tissue for use as glycogen and fat.
• Between the meals, when the body is in a state of fasting, the liver converts glycogen to glucose to maintain its energy supply to the body.
• Typically, an inactive person takes about 10 to 12 hours to use the glycogen store.
• Although someone who exercises in a very short period of time, Once the glycogen reserves in the liver are depleted, the body taps into the energy stores in adipose tissue.
• This is when fats are broken down into free fatty acids which later turn into extra metabolic fuel in the liver.
• Thus, if the fasting state lasts longer, the body burns fat for energy and loses that excess fat.
• Losing excess fat translates into a range of health benefits.
• Insulin is the hormone required to drive glucose into cells, Insulin levels are controlled to match the amount of glucose in the blood.
• Ex:- In High after meals and in a low between meals, Because insulin is secreted after each meal and keeps insulin levels high most of the time. Persistently high insulin levels can de-sensitize body tissues, causing insulin insensitivity – identification of prediabetes and diabetes.
Types of Intermittent fasting :
– There are certain different types of intermittent fasting that are used around the world.
– Each of the follows are different eating pattern so that a physical result can be obtained. The most common 5 types of Intermittent Fasting are included.
1. Alternate Day Fasting
• This diet involves eating only on a fasting day every other day, some not eating at all, and others in very small amounts, usually around 500 calories or a normal one on non-fasting days Eat a healthy diet.
• This diet involves eating only fruits and vegetables during the day and then a large meal at night.
3. 16/8 Fasting
• Often referred to as the time-restricted diet for this method you fast for 16 hours every day and limit your eating to eight hours.
• Fast one or two days a week fast 24 hours Do not eat anything from dinner, have a normal calorie day until the day before dinner the next day.
5. 5:2 Diet
• For the five days of the week you ate a normal healthy diet for the rest of the two fasts, you should restrict your calorie intake to between 500 and 600 calories each day.
Intermittent fasting benefits :
– Intermittent fasting gives your body more time to effectively digest when you are eating and eliminate waste.
– So here are some benefits of intermittent fasting.
• Fasting for about 13 to 14 hours a day, Once your body shifts from burning sugar to burning fat, as it is your primary fuel, you will find it easier way to maintain it because fat is a slow-burning fuel, in which you not only supply more balanced energy.
• You will also avoid normal sugar and the ups and downs that come with specific dives.
2.Reduces Blood Sugar and Insulin Levels
• Intermittent fasting gives itself time to deal with the addition of sugar to your bloodstream each time when you eat, your pancreas produces insulin.
• In fact, glucose is stored in them & it allows insulin sensitivity to increase work.
3. Helps to repair cells
• When you fast you give yourself a break.
• They go into a mode called Auto-phases which allows them to do cellular maintenance.
• During this phase the cells Unused protein and other wastes are destroyed.
4. Increases Human Growth Hormone
• HGH fasting increases the amount of HGH in your body greatly.
• When you fast it helps you to get fat, the muscles maintain optimal fitness is used to slow down of the aging process.
• It reminds you that gritting Levitt is the grilling appetite hormone and fasting helps to bring it back to normalcy, so that you feel satisfied soon after eating.
5.Inflammation and Damage
• It reduces Inflammation and damage from free radicals.
6.Improves your brain function
• When you rapidly increase the neurotrophic factors in your brain that improve cognitive function.
7. Lowering blood pressure and heart rate
• Many people who intermittently describe that they can think more clearly can also result in lowering blood pressure and heart rate.
• This may be an indication that you need to increase the amount of healthy fat in your diet.
• High-quality protein should be high in moderately healthy fat and also contain unrestricted amounts of fresh vegetables.
• Ideally organic although intermittent fasting is different.
• Aspects are beneficial for health. It may not be ideal for everyone.
• Especially pregnant women should avoid this intermittent fasting and focus on a proper nutritional diet which is rich in vitamins and minerals.
• If you are suffering from sugar issues, if you are suffering from diabetes thyroid or if you are recovering from any surgery, then stop intermittentting, that changes in your intestines.
• Important hormones if you have a history of eating disorders.
Intermittent fasting for weight loss diet plans and schedule :
– In this article, I am going to share with you about Intermittent Fasting for weight loss – a full day diet plan.
• If you are a beginner to intermittent fasting, do not jump straight into the diet 16:8 ratio. This means 8-hours of eating and 16-hours of fasting.
• In the beginning, you can be flexible with punctuality just keep a 10-hour window to eat and a 14-hour fast.
• just keep a 12-hour window for eating and 12-hours for fasting. Initially, you start with this and gradually shift to a 16:8 cycle.
• The diet plan that I am going to share with you was tried and tested. This diet plan is very effective for weight loss.
• Intermittent fasting time depends entirely on you what time you start, your 8-hour window of food, and how long you do.
• I am a snacker, so my diet plan starts at 9 or 10 am and it is still 5 or 6 am. You can adjust the timing according to you.
• Your first meal plan according to your office hours or your other schedule.
• Whenever you have your first meal eat more protein-rich food.
• I prefer – 2 whole eggs and 1 egg white, 3 eggs total, And making an omelet with lots of vegetables.
• As a side dish, I take Saute vegetables, Or sometimes I prefer Brown bread- 1.
• If you are a vegetarian, I would like to suggest Besan Chilla, Or Sprouts Bhel the recipe in below. ⬇️
• So here the recipe to make moong sprouts for bhel, you can add lots of vegetables like cucumber, tomato, onion, cabbage, and sprouts can also add rice puff to bhel recipe. With this, I take milky tea – 1 cup with or without sugar.
• The first meal will keep you full longer, So you will not feel hungry for a long.
• Then after 3 hours your first meal, you can, only if you feel hungry, take an apple or pear or any fruit.
• You can take roasted chickpea or makhana or have plain popcorn or cucumber or nuts and seeds, such as almonds – 5-6 and walnuts – 1.
• In the last meal of the day you can take 2 pieces of roti/flatbread made of multigrain or wheat flour.
• But the most effective is millet bread such as jowar, millet and ragi millet, or any of this millet bread.
• If you are a non-vegetarian, with roti you can take chicken curry/fish curry/egg curry.
• If you are a vegetarian, with roti you can take any green vegetable like paneer curry or spinach or fenugreek, any green vegetable that you have.
• The more vegetables you can eat, the less amount of oil you use.
• And with this, you can have a salad. In the salad, include cucumber, tomato, cabbage or you can have any type of salad.
• And yes, a bowl of lentils, make lentils a priority – moong dal, tur dal, masoor dal… protein is very important and you should take it daily.
• During those 16-hours of fasting, you can take – Green Tea / Water / Black Coffee / Black Tea / Coconut Water.
• But friends, take all these things without sugar *Do not consume any solid food during fasting.
• During this Intermittent fasting diet plan you can change a little while sleeping.
• I drink turmeric milk – 1 cup For a best results.
• Do any cardio activities with intermittent fasting or do a minimum 45 min. workout like yoga/gym or any physical activity.
• Drink at least 4-5 liters of water per day.
• Precautions for Intermittent Fasting people who have diabetes or have a heart problem or are on any medication, So do not try this diet without consulting your doctor.
• Those nursing mothers or pregnant women should also avoid this diet.
• Intermittent fasting can be done 1 day, weekly or twice / thrice, or even for a longer period.
☞ Tips for everyone! In intermittent fasting, try to eat low carb, between the first meal and the last meal.
☞ fasting does not mean you have nothing to eat or an unlimited eating license.
☞ If you do intermittent fasting as well as a keto diet, you will get the best results.
If you want to stop intermittently and if you have any doubt about Intermittent fasting for weight loss, write me in the comment box below and If you love this article, then give me your feedback, and don’t forget to share this article.
© Copyright 2020 – 2021
For any feedback on this website contact us- [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions